Instructor: Evan Schulte
Recommended Ages: Teen (15+) and Adults
14 weeks beginning Sept 14th
Thursdays 6:30p – 9:30p
Mission Point House, Davis Bay
Class Fee: $490
Meisner Foundations (Part 1) is a comprehensive program designed to introduce actors to the core principles and techniques of Meisner work. Through a series of exercises and training, participants will learn to embody truthfulness, presence, and emotional depth in their performances. This course is designed to ensure personalized attention and effective learning.
- Repetition – Working Truthfully from Moment to Moment
Participants will start with the foundational “repetition” exercises, fostering truthful reactions and spontaneity in their acting.
- Emotional Preparations – Unlocking Emotional Range
Students will explore personal connections and discover the elements that hold the deepest meaning to them, enabling them to access their full emotional capacities in their performances.
- Living in Imaginary Circumstances – Authentic Responses
Learn how to immerse yourself in imaginary and dramatic situations without “acting,” responding organically to the given circumstances.
- Objectives, Stakes, and Confronting Obstacles
- Understand the importance of clear objectives, high stakes, and overcoming obstacles to create compelling characters and scenes.